Tregoning Family Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blessings

Adam amazes me in so many ways. Here was his prayer tonight as he went to bed:
"Dear God, thank you for Mommy and Daddy and Grayson (his friend with a brain tumor) and me...I know that you made the world in 6 days and then you rested for only one day. How did you do that? Weren't you tired? I would have been tired for more than one day. But you made everything, that's so cool. You are the best guy in the world, Amen."
Last night's prayer went something like this: "Dear God, thank you for Mommy and Daddy and me. Please keep healing Grayson's head. You are the coolest guy in the world. I hope you keep your job of protecting us because that's really cool. You protect the whole world. You even made the rocks and plants and stars and moon. I hope we go to the baseball game tomorrow because I've only been there before when I don't remember it...Amen."
Adam's understanding of "praise" is unbelievable to me. He has really begun to embrace this beyond what I could imagine. His prayers go further into praise than even mine do often! He praises God for who He is and what he has done. He asked me today what "blessings" are, and after trying to explain that one, he surmised that he has a lot of them. He then said "I want to do what God tells me so I'll be a blessing to HIM!" I wouldn't have guessed that I would be learning about God from a 5 yr old...but I am. And it's a blessing to ME! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home